Thursday, June 21, 2012

Another Year Older

Today I turn the big 2-8. I don't like that number. When I hit 27 this past year I was a little sad, I am getting OLD! I know many people will laugh at that, but for some reason that number just seems old to me.

28. We are supposed to have our ten year reunion this year (which I don't think I am going to anyway) which is just crazy to me! I have been out of school for ten years? Where has that time gone?

I look at my life and am so amazed at how much I have accomplished in 28 years. I have my Master's degree, a good job, an amazing husband, a smart and handsome son, and a gorgeous house. Does it get much better than that?

Today, my husband is away (like every other year....I can't remember the last time we spent my birthday together!) but little man and I plan on having some fun. Today will be our first pool day! It is supposed to be HOT, so he won't stay in too long! I plan on taking the pack and play to my Mom's and putting him down for his nap and then I can get some much needed relaxation and sun! After that, maybe I will go to dinner with Patrick too! He can be my birthday date!

While I may not like the age, I am thankful for another year to spend with my amazing family and friends and look forward to what the next year brings!

No comments: