Thursday, December 30, 2010

Little Patrick in 3D

On Tuesday, we had another appointment with our high risk OBGYN. Lat time we went, the technician was NOT nice. I didn't know if she had a bad day or what, but we left with only one pictures, no explanation of anything. It was very impersonal and we were not happy.

When we went in on Tuesday, Michael specifically asked not to have her, and thankfully she wasn't in the office that day. Apparently she has had quite a few complaints against her. My question is, if this is true, why isn't anyone doing anything? To me, being a sonogram technician, especially in a high risk office where mothers and fathers are already upset because of certain problems they may have encountered, it is so important to be personable and try to set the patient at ease. We have to go three more times, so I hope she has off those days too!

We had an amazing technician this time. She commented on how great he looked, and how perfect his little heart was. Overall it was a great appointment and we are very happy to report that Patrick is a whopping 1 pound 9 ounces, and perfectly healthy. The Doc was a bit concerned with my levels on the 24 hour urine collection I did at 12 weeks, so I am going to do another one. I already knew I had to do two more, so I'm not overly concerned. Patrick is growing perfectly so I am happy!

We also were able to have a 3D ultrasound done. The pictures weren't the best because he wasn't positioned exactly right, and he needs to add some baby fat, but we did get a great picture of his little leg.
We also have one of him sucking his thumb and his little fingers covering up his face. Too cute! Hopefully when we go next month we can get a few better pictures of his face. Right now he kind of looks a little skeletal!

No comments: