Friday, May 1, 2009

Welcome May!

Well it's official : I can FINALLY say I will see my husband NEXT month! How exciting is that? In 49 days I will drive to the airport and wrap my arms around him. I can't even imagine how good that is going to feel. I woke up this morning in an amazing mood. I was so excited that I had made it to May, and I had a good conversation with Captain this morning. We were both really excited because today tickets when on sale for Mickey's Christmas Party (If you didn't know, we are going to Disney after he comes home in November!) Neither of us have been there during this time, and I know I am super excited : It combines my two FAVORITE things - Christmas and Disney, what could be better?

The day went on, and although my kids can drive me crazy, I had a really good day. Then for some reason, I came home, got to talk to the hubby, and then all of a sudden I was completely depressed again. Maybe it's because his roommate is home and I know he is having an amazing time with his family, and I wish that could be Michael and I, or because we still have 49 days, or because it's Friday and it's our normal pizza night....who knows. Either way, I miss him terribly.

Luckily running has given me a great outlet to relieve some stress and clear my mind. I went for a great run today and shaved a minute off my time I was so worked up. I am now showered and ready to go to my parents for dinner. Although we are having pizza it just isn't the same....so a glass of wine is in order for later.

Even though I am being a complete downer, it is still May and I am amazed I have survived this long....I love and miss you CPT.

No comments: