Saturday, December 13, 2008

Snail Mail

I am an old fashioned type of girl, and think that although e-mail is nice (and fast), nothing is better than a card or letter in the mail. For someone to go out of there way to look for a card that says the perfect thing, and then write something sentimental, it is just so meaningful. I have received two of these from Michael in the last two weeks. I wasn't expecting either, which makes it so much more special. The one today was a Christmas card that just melted my heart. I know that we are going to get through this, and we are going to be so strong because of it. Don't get me wrong, it still is the hardest thing we have ever gone through, but Michael is truly the my best friend, and there is no one else I would rather wait for.

I myself have tried to send him snail mail. I figured packages are nice, but just a regular letter is nice too. I went in to Hallmark the other day, and I could not find a single 'Love' card or 'Miss you.' I even asked the lady and she couldn't find them. How ridiculous is that? I guess I will try again tomorrow!

1 comment:

Sal said...

What kind of whacked out Hallmarks do you have up there? Try the grocery store aisle. Usually the 99cent section has them.