Thursday, August 25, 2011

Wow Mother Nature!

So we already had an earthquake this week and now we are gearing up for a major hurricane! The Northeast has not been hit by a major hurricane in quite awhile, so to see our state have warnings for extreme conditions is a little unnerving. I already went to the store this morning (before work, might I add) in order to get some water, bread, dog food (God forbid I didn't have the special wet food Rocky ate!) and some other food items. We have tons of diapers and wipes, and we don't have to worry about formula, so I think we are set.
School has already cancelled the professional development we had planned for tomorrow and Monday, and we are under liberal leave. Basically we can take a sick day if we want tomorrow, but the weather isn't supposed to be bad tomorrow so I am going in to get more things done in my classroom.

A wedding we were supposed to go to this weekend has already been changed to tomorrow night, but since some beach areas already have evacuations happening, I don't know if they will even be able to get that in. I feel so bad for them since I know how much work goes in to planning your special day.


I have already planned some emergency bags in case we have to evacuate (unlikely) but just in case. I also filled up my car with gas and made copies of all important documents. Since I have Patrick I feel like I have to be OVERLY prepared now. Before, I would have headed to the liquor store and called it a day. HA. (I do still have some beverages on hand!)

Say a prayer for all of those in the path of this big storm, including us!

No comments: