Monday, August 15, 2011

A Special Day



Yesterday was a very special day for our family. Not only was Patrick baptized, but so was Michael! Growing up, Michael's church didn't baptize babies, they instead waited until you were older. Michael ended up never being baptized there, and we have talked about it a few times in the past. We thought it would be special if both father and son were baptized together!

I had been looking for a christening outfit for Patrick for a few weeks but never found one that I REALLY liked. Surprisingly, my Mom still had my brother's and even though I was afraid my growing boy wouldn't fit, he did! I think that made the day even more special!His cute outfit! It fit perfect two weeks ago, and then yesterday it was a bit snug! We actually had to take it off right after, and take this picture later in the night! Poor thing!Mom couldn't find the original shoes, but I found these last weekend. Perfect for an Irish boy!
I was baptized in this church 26 years ago, and this Pastor married Michael and I four years ago there too!So precious!We tried to get some family pictures after the service, if you see Patrick's face, he was NOT having it! Instead, we had to do it at home later, after he was changed and HAPPY!

No comments: