Friday, August 12, 2011

House Update



It has been awhile since I posted anything about how our house building is going. We have had our house rented out for a month now and have just been waiting on the bank to get back with us. We received a good faith estimate last week, basically the bank saying that we could get a loan through them. We turned in official paperwork last week, and heard today that we are pre-approved!

So things are moving forward. Our builder let us know that as long as we got the pre-approval and they saw things were moving forward, they would go ahead and clear our lot for us next week sometime. This should save us a week or so once we can actually start building so that is good!

I can't believe we are finally moving forward! I cannot wait until the process fully begins and we can see our house coming together. How exciting! We have begun picking out flooring and would like something like this downstairs:
Love, love, love it! I think we are going to be able to not only have it in the entry way, but all through the family room which I am so excited about! We will have tile in the kitchen and bathrooms, and then carpet in all of the bedrooms. I can't wait to see it all together. It's also nice to have a brother who owns his own flooring business and can do it for you :)

We also picked out appliances:They are the Whirlpool Gold series, again, I am LOVING the double oven! Now I can make casseroles and cookies at the same time. LOVE IT.

I can't wait to pick out cabinets and colors for the walls too. We are still quite a while from breaking ground, but at least we are finally moving forward!

1 comment:

Robin said...

This is so exciting! Do you think you will be in your new house by next Summer or even earlier? Love you!