Saturday, September 24, 2011

Behind

I just can't seem to find the time to post on here! Things are just insane. I know I say that every post, but it is really true! This week, Michael had class Tuesday night, I had Open House Wednesday night, Michael and a dinner meeting on Thursday and a football game last night. That leaves little time for me to be on here! By the time Patrick goes to sleep at 8:00, I am exhausted and ready for bed myself. I briefly scroll through some other blogs, but not enough energy to type one myself. Ahh, the life of a teacher, wife and mom!

We did have some exciting news this week - Michael interviewed for and got the job as counselor at my old elementary school! He finished his degree this past May and has interviewed for a few jobs, one was at my NEW school, but nothing panned out. Needless to say, we are very excited. It is nice because he already knows much of the staff and the building since I was there. That will make the transition a little easier.

Our house is also coming along! We did run into some problems though. They dug the basement this week, and because of the amount of water they saw we had to raise the basement and add special dirt, resulting in about $2700 in additions. Of course. I want to know when we find something that will GIVE us money! Ahhh. I know things will pop up, but I really hope we don't have that much more. I can stomach spending money on a kitchen or nicer flooring, but not basement block, geez! I know it will be good in the long run, just annoying now! Anyway, they will be pouring the basement walls next week, and I am hoping, finishing it up next week too. Then we move on to framing! YAY!

There are a lot of exciting things in our life right now, and I hope I have more time to write about them on here. I love being able to look back and see what was going on in our lives one or two years ago. Now I just have to find the time!

No comments: