Friday, September 2, 2011

5 Months

I cannot believe that my little man is 5 months old today. I know I say that every month, but time is just flying by! I feel like I was just pregnant yesterday, and I actually really miss it. It amazes me that he went from this tiny little human who slept most of the day, to one who is rolling all over the place and bouncing like crazy. His smile is contagious and he is just so happy. I love him so very much!Eating solids for the first time!
Baptismal outfit!

Dear Patrick,

You are getting to be such a big man! You can roll from you tummy to your back and from your back to you tummy without any problems. Sometimes you even roll all the way across the room! You also think it is hilarious and crack yourself up. You have discovered your feet and toes and are always grabbing onto them when you are laying on your back. Standing up is your new thing, and you can stand for quite a few minutes while hanging on to our fingers. If you are laying on your back you can even pull yourself up if you are hanging on to us! You haven't quite gotten the hang of sitting up yet, but can do it for about 5 seconds before you fall over, which you think is pretty funny. I am sure you will be sitting up in a matter of weeks! When you are on your tummy you also scrunch up your knees so they are under your butt, but can't figure out how to get up on your hands at the same time. I am sure it won't be long before you are crawling too!

You are also starting to pack on the pounds! We don't have an official weight, but our guess is around 16 pounds and about 25 1/2 inches long. You are wearing 6 month clothes and size 2 shoes (We love those shoes!). You are also in size 2 diapers, but won't be for much longer! I think you are about to go through a growth spurt because your cheeks are getting so chubby!

You are still breastfed (Go Momma!) and we started you on solids when you were about 4 1/2 months. You HATED rice cereal, but LOVE butternut squash. We have been making your food at home and it is pretty easy. You also tried pears this month and loved those as well! We had a stretch of about 4 days where you slept through the night and it was AMAZING! Just when I was getting used to it, you went back to being up every two hours, like you were a week old again! Right now you get up anywhere from 1 to 2 times a night. You also like sleeping on your tummy. I always lay you on your back, but you flip right over. It makes me nervous, but you sleep so much better!

Bath time is still one of your favorite times, and you love story time. We read 'Guess How Much I Love You,' and 'On the Night You Were Born.' You even help turn the pages. Your playmat is still fun, but you are outgrowing it. Now we just lay you on a very large blanket so you can roll everywhere. Your jumper is a great invention and it can entertain you for quite a while.

You started daycare with Ms. Margaret this month when I had to go back to work. I was so sad, but you are having a great time with the other children. You smile and laugh at them and Ms. Margaret talks about how good and cute you are. It makes me so proud!

You were baptized at church in August, along with your Daddy. You also took your first trip to the zoo and went on many trips to Target and the mall, you even went to a different state for the first time!

Patrick, you are such a happy boy and we love you so very much. We can't wait to see what this next month brings.

Love,
Mommy and Daddy

No comments: