Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Two Weeks?

That time of year has come again...the two week AT. I remember thinking before Michael deployed that two weeks was so long. I felt like those 14 days would never be over. HA. Then he deployed. To Iraq. For a year. Yeah, needless to say, I felt like a complete idiot for complaining about two weeks!

Two weeks is nothing!

I love the people that always say, "I don't know how you do it!" or "I couldn't do it!" Really? It's not like we have much choice in the matter! My response to those people is always the same, "Do you love you husband? Then you can do it!" I would go to the end of the Earth for that man, so I can wait as long as it takes!

Anyway, I have never experienced AT with a toddler! Talk about exhausting. We are only on day 4 and I am looking for light at the end of the tunnel. Don't get me wrong, I love my son and I have so much fun with him, but he is exhausting! I better be 10 lbs skinnier with all of this running around I am doing!

I keep trying to think of new things to do with him! One day we went shopping, one day we played outside in the dirt (not so much fun for me!), we take walks every night, we made a mold of his foot, and have tried new foods like hummus (which he loves!). We plan on Toddler Time at the library this week, maybe a Strawberry festival on Saturday, and hopefully going to the pool for the first time this year. It is supposed to be HOT this week! Any other suggestions for me?

No comments: