Saturday, October 15, 2011

House Update

I cannot believe how fast the house is moving along. After lost post, you can see I am ready to go! We still have quite a few more months, but it is exciting to see it coming along. And best of all, our builder said we are ahead of schedule (knock on wood!)


This was our house a week and a half ago. They had poured the basement walls and had laid the block on top.


By this week they had bricked on top of the block in the basement and started framing. This picture was take on Thursday.


These last two pictures were taken Friday. You can see how much progress they made in just two days. They have the inside framing up for the rooms!


This last picture is looking in from where the garage will be. The brick you see in the front of the picture is the part in between our garage doors.

The house still looks small to me, even though according to our plans it isn't. I know it will change so much once they add the second floor and the dry wall. It is so exciting and I can't wait until it looks more like an actual house! We also had more trees cleared in our backyard. Our lot has a 30 foot buffer in the back that separates our lot from a field. Well we wanted those trees out too so we had a company come in a do it. What a world of difference! Our back yard looks huge and I am sure that Patrick will have a great time running around back there!
It is nice because even though there is a field behind us, there are nice size Christmas trees back there to separate it.

I am so excited for the process to continue! I can't wait to have everyone over to our house and actually have room for them! I will keep everyone updated as the house continues to come along!

1 comment:

Bina said...

I can't wait to come visit! Mark actually said to me last night, "let's move to Delaware." He was talking to one of his mom's friends about the tax advantages and I said the advantage is that I would be near Kelly!!! Unfortunately, I think he was just running his mouth. I miss you and would love to get to see you and Patrick soon!