Sunday, March 18, 2012

MIA

I have been MIA for quite awhile now, but for a good reason...we finally moved into our house! We received our certificate of occupancy on March 7, and moved in that Saturday. I have to say I was completely overwhelmed.

When we started to move things out of our house we did it a little at a time, so I had forgotten just how much stuff we had really accumulated. To say I was shocked was an understatement. We have a three car garage in our house and it was packed. We couldn't park either car in the garage. RIDICULOUS!

I made it a goal to unpack a few boxes a night, which I did all last week. Then this weekend Michael and I really went through the boxes, threw a ton of stuff away and then our friend Dale came over and they moved what needed to be moved to the proper places in the house today. We can even park in the garage now! I even got curtains hung in our bedroom. We still need to get the TV on the wall, hopefully this coming week, and hang up pictures and really make it home. There will be a trip to IKEA soon to get new couches and a bookshelf or two for Patrick's play area.

I can't believe we are finally in our house. It really is amazing. Grass is even growing in our lawn and I can imagine Patrick playing out back when he finally starts to walk on his own. Don't get me wrong, we still have a long way to go, but we have a lifetime for that!

I PROMISE I will post pictures this week!!

2 comments:

Amber said...

so exciting! I am so happy for you guys.

Robin said...

I can't wait to see pictures! I'm so happy for ya'll. I know you have to be so excited. What does Patrick think of his new house? Love ya!